Tuesday, December 05, 2006

'Love'ly Mondays

Mondays are usually bad days for a man. They are probably bad days for a woman too but since I have never been a woman at any point of time in my life I cannot make a statement as sweeping as that, though I have never had any scruples about making sweeping statements. Even so, I tread with caution with regards to the fairer sex. I would have used 'female of the species' instead of 'fairer sex' had it not been for the Domestic Violence act that Ms. Renuka Chaudhary has vehemently brought in.

Anyway. This Monday was like any other. I had to wake up earlier than usual. That does not mean that I did wake up earlier than usual. There was a pressing need to do it but with the calmness of still water I let that need pass me by. True to its character, the Monday blossomed. The cascading effect was fantastic.

I could not cut and file my nails. Not many are aware, but nail-cutting is a very important event in my life. It takes me all of 40 minutes to get just my fingers done. I have been told Marilyn Monroe took lesser time but if you look like her you don't much care what your nails look like. Long nails remind me of a friend of mine who has this constant urge to box my ears when my nails are untrimmed. Or may be she has a constant urge to box my ears. Period.

I don't like long nails, and for one reason alone. They tend to accumulate grime. It is a constant struggle to keep them clean, and that takes up all of my waking moments which means I get no work done. That is not a bad thing if there is work to be done. There isn't. So it is a waste really expending so much energy.

The day went by as joblessly as it does on a Monday. Post work, my housemate and I went to Apapa market where a woman refused to let go of his hand. I don't know what she kept saying but he had a tough time preserving his dignity. Eventually we managed to run our assess off there.

Aside: I have been enamoured by the charms of a woman, fallen for her completely. Have no idea what I should do about it.

2 comments:

Dirty Lil Secret said...

Are you using "enamored" as a verb (to inspire with love; captivate) or an adjective (marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness)? Makes a bit of a difference.

Maybe you should talk to her more and see what developes. I'm all for seeing where things go.

~Lil~

Anonymous said...

Ah well. Enamoured as a verb. And an adjective too, perhaps. Love is usually the most foolish thing to get into, isn't it?